ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Neward" <tnew...@javageeks.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9 & Task Packaging
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:07:33 GMT
> Yes, I know that (Hi Ted, I've read your book 8-).

*sniff* It's always so touching to know I've reached out and corrupted--I
mean *influenced*--another Java programmer.... :)

This whole task-dependency thing (as near as I can tell) is really an
outgrowth of a larger problem within Java, that there is no
dependency-tracking in general between components (.jar files, in this
case). Windows had "DLL Hell", we have "Jar Hell". I've been trying to get
guys at Sun to listen to this, but they're not biting.

I freely admit, though, that I'm walking into the middle of a conversation
here. Can someone summarize the salient points in a paragraph or two, before
I spout off, as usual, and make myself look foolish? :)

Ted Neward
{.NET || Java} Course Author & Instructor, DevelopMentor
(http://www.develop.com)
http://www.javageeks.com/tneward