ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject IntrospectionHelper request
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 00:56:11 GMT
While inquiring about some issues I was having with my attempts to get
XDoclet custom templates working (very cool, by the way!), I got this
request for Ant:

"Please make IntrospectionHelper an interface with a default/derivable
impl. I want to extend it and add a new kind of introspection, but
everything seems to be concrete and utility class. Specifically I want
to create my own AttributeSetter and instead of invoking a setter method
in the target task/element, set a config param value in a hashtable
field of the target element, or in other words I want to add a more
dynamic approach so the user can add config params without having to
create a DocletTask-derived class and getter/setter there."

I don't quite have the bandwidth or intimate know-how of IntrospectionHelper
yet to give a good response.  Thoughts??

    Erik