ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:02:52 GMT
From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>

> It is checksumMatches = checksum.equals(property)
> - but checksum no longer is a String, but a StringBuffer
> and thus equals will return false.

Was this bug introduced as a result of 'automatic' violation
fixes or when manually done?  If it were automatically corrected
by a tool, then I suggest we review all places where
StringBuffers have replaced String manipulations as a result
of this commit.  Though Checksum's testcase caught this,
I wonder if there are any other places with similar 'bugs' which
do not have testcases at all...