ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant Regexp wrappers [Re: multiline mode and platform issues]
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:48:10 GMT
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>

> As a native English-speaking person, I not only don't mind "regexp", I
> prefer it -- if for no other reason than to lessen the possibility of
> people coming up with dumb made-up words like "regexification" :)

>From acronym finder htp://www.acronymfinder.com
(by performing a reverse lookup on Regular
Expression)

RE - Regular Expression (formal language theory)

Neither RegExp nor RegEx have been recognized
as popular acronyms by this site (yet).

http://www.acronyms.ch/ regognizes regex,
but not regexp as a valid computer acronym.

'ify' the popular verb'ifier' can be applied
to both to make it a pseudo-verb (regexpify,
regexplify, regexify, etc.)

Oh, and both give the opportunity to the
creative verb maker - regexpose, regexplode,
regexplore, regexpand, regextrapolate, etc. ;-)

But then, if we choose regexp, I cannot make
it rhyme with ForEx and FedEx ;-)

> Diane

Cheers,
Magesh