ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jones" <kev...@develop.com>
Subject RE: Environment problems
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:23:12 GMT
> What about Windows ME or whatever it has been called, is it a
> 9x version when it comes to "do we have cmd.exe"?
>
> Is there a good name for the group Win NT, Win 2000 and Win XP?

ME is a version of 98

XP is the next manifestation of W2K. In W2K you had 3 editions
(Professional, Server and Advanced Server). The XP situation is more
confusing, you have Home and Professional. You also have what's called
.Net Server, I'm running the Enterprise edition, I'm not sure if there's
another version of this.

Oh, and there are the 64 bit editions as well :-)

Kevin Jones
Developmentor
www.develop.com