ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/i18n Translate.java
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:38:07 GMT
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <sbailliez@imediation.com>

> But..considering the Sun Coding Guidelines I don't like but need to use...
> I will probably disable this and create a custom rule to check for self
> assignment.

This sounds reasonable.  Chucking out the existing
rule and putting in the self-assignment check rule
will remove a *lot* of those warnings from QA results.

IMHO, even if there are a lot of excuses to enforce
naming conventions, the primary one is to make
the code easier to be read and followed by those
other than the programmer itself, right?  In that case,
it is perhaps the responsibility of the code-viewing
software to highlight with different colors the protected
member variables, private member variables, local
variables, arguments, etc.

> Stephane.

Cheers,
Magesh