ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: What am I doing wrong?
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:44:39 GMT
All the committers are human just like everyone else.  There are only so
many hours in the day and we are all busy with our own projects and keeping
Ant maintained as well.

Everyone's patches are very important to us and the entire community and
will not be forgotten.  If you've posted your stuff to Bugzilla as an
enhancement it will be reviewed and possibly incorporated before the next
official release.

If there is a dire need for it to be incorporated into the nightly builds
right away, please continue to be persistent and bug us - that is actually
the recommended way to prod us and get responses.

But, just to reiterate - post your patches as Bugzilla enhancements of bug
fixes and they will NOT be forgotten.

I'm about to start using SourceOffSite at work later this week, so I will
review that patch (send me the Bugzilla issue # so I can find it quickly - I
don't personally retain the patches sent to ant-dev).  The Ant committers
push back on additional tasks generally speaking though, especially in the
case of vendor integration like these SoS tasks because they really should
be a vendor maintained and provided by the vendor.  Ant is weighted down
with a lot of tasks that are not at all useful to most of us, and if it
would be much lighter weight and cleaner if we could simply pull in the
tasks we individually need.

    Erik