ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] AnsiColorLogger
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:24:31 GMT
Conor:

From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>

Thanks for looking into this.

> Looks good. My only comment would be the name of
> the properties file. Should it be more closely
> identified with the logger in question, say
> ansilogger.properties, or should config info for
> all loggers go in defaults.properties?

I was hoping it would cover the base for all loggers
which needed some sort of configuration with different
sections in it.

> In fact, there is a more general issue, regarding
> how loggers can be configured, since I guess users
> may want to change the colours without having to
> rebuild the ant jar.

I contemplated letting users define colors
using <property> - but then even before
properties get registered, the logger needs
to start displaying output.  Another option would
be to pass various color definitions in the
command line using -D.  I haven't looked at
outting them in env yet - perhaps that is
another alternative.  Which one(s) woule be
preferable?

> Conor

Cheers,
Magesh