ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit:
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2002 05:03:31 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:46, Ken Wood wrote:
> > Any chance you'all could set up an ant commit watchers list
> > separate from the developers list? That way, people who
> > want to know about Commit Alerts can get them, and the
> > rest of us don't get a ton of stuff in the in-box....
>
> It's against jakarta policy but then again there is an avalon-cvs ;)
>
> +1 to ant-cvs from me - other committers have an opinion?

I understand why it can be noisy at times, but if you set up a filter to
move all messages sent to jakarta-ant-cvs@apache.org then you can avoid
seeing them.

The advantages of putting send them to the dev list are

1. it serves as change notifications. If you keep an eye on the tasks you
use or the core classes you depend on, then you stop being surprised when
things break.

2. we have such entertaining discourse about some commits:)

So I am sorry for the fact that oft-times it is noise (I often bulk delete
them if I am behind on the mail), but you know, sometimes they may be
important.