ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Refactor of PathTokenizer - am I missing something?
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 05:37:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 17:32
Subject: Re: Refactor of PathTokenizer - am I missing something?

Davec may have done both core os's, but NTFS is always rumoured to have been
designed by two MSFT employees over a weekend, the file system so well
designed "you dont need to defragment it", at least. not until nt5 shipped a
few years behind schedule.

> And why aren't other operating systems using versioning implicitly?

clearcase is this, a networked versioned file system.

> At one company where I worked, our version control system *was* the
> operating system, thanks to VMS, and it worked very well.  Oh how I miss
> VMS....

The technical term is retro-grouch. Why not get and old microvax and bring
it up if you miss it so much :)