ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: FTP task bug?
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:38:20 GMT
From: "Ted Neward" <tneward@javageeks.com>

> Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Welcome!  Its about time!  :)

> It still sends the entire fileset, regardless of any changes.
>
> This dovetails into two questions:
> 1) Is this a known bug? Since this is likely something I can find out for
> myself, where do I go look? :)

depends="true" seems to to work fine for me.  There have been some changes
to the task since Ant 1.4.1 release, but nothing that appears relevant to
this situation.

> 2) If it's not known, anybody familiar enough with the FTP task to show me
> where to patch it so it does work?

Check isUpToDate method in org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP
code.  There are some caveats to building Ant itself, if you've never done
it before.  You'll need the NetComponents.jar in your classpath (or in
lib/optional in Ant's CVS directory) to build the FTP task.  My routine is
to run bootstrap, then 'build dist'.

    Erik