ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant2 codebase adoption process
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:54:03 GMT
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>

> did not vote directly and of those that did, while we have some support
> for the cutoff date, (+3.5) votes, there is insufficient support, (+2.5,
> -1) votes for the selection method. Agreeing on a date but not agreeing
> on what to do at that date is not that useful :-)

Exactly, I abstained coz I wasn't ready for the cutoff date, but
I agree with the selection method - that by majority.

> Any suggestions would be welcome.

What would really help me cast my vote is a requirement to
implementation mapping summary for the two proposals.
In other words, I would like to be able to see what requested
features (core ones, at least) have been implemented by each
proposal.

If both proposals have implemented a specific requested
feature in different ways, then we have to discuss the
implementations on their merits.

If each proposal has been addressing different requested
features, then we need to find a way for them to co-exist
such that we end up with a better addressal of the requested
features.

So, what I would say, in summary is, postpone the cutoff
date by a month or so and start campaigning meanwhile ;-)

> Conor

Cheers,
Magesh