ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:04:34 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>

> > > * Is it also possible to disable "Local constructor is unused
> > > (5.36)." when
> > > the constructor is private and the class is final ?
> >
> > Not that I know of, I may have to disable this rule and implement a new
> > rule myself.

Though I would say that this is not because the class is final and the
constructor private that it should be disabled...I'd rather do this for a
helper class that contains only static methods no ?

> > > * Also is it possible to disable "Formal parameter elements is unused
> > > (5.36)." when the method is an implementation of method
> > > inherited from an interface?
> >
> > I don't get it, how would you express this rule ?
>
> Something like
[...]

While I understand what you want you want to avoid with this (typically
adapters), I'm not sure at what could be the side effects, though a unused
formal parameter is no big deal.

[...]
> > To do this I would need a serialization of all computed nodes and play
with
> > it say with a front end servlet so that you can dynamically change the
> > aggregation mode and settings on metrics, this would be damn good :-)
>
> yikes - thats sounds like a lot of work!

Oh I can see this as a RFE, caching the information from a whole project
seems necessary to me. As it takes a very long time to iterate in every way
through the AST, it makes sense since a report is a snapshot of a project
with specific settings and this is the only way to compare different
snapshots.
I cannot do this myself as this is related to the software internal API...

Stephane