ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject [SUBMIT] Selector API Implementation
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:02:40 GMT
Hi,

This is an implementation of the proposed Selector functionality
(http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/actionlist.html#selector)
This is designed to work in Ant1 itself.

A minor change from the proposal is the retention of 'name' as
a mandatory attribute for include/exclude elements.

This implementation allows addition of selectors as needed.

Each selector element takes in 3 attributes - type, value and
operation, such that one can say:

<include name="**/*.java">
   <selector type="type" operation="equals" value="file"/>
   <selector type="modify-time"
             operation="greater-than"
             value="29th Feb 2003"/>
</include>

I have implemented an example selector (FileTypeSelector).

Please take a look and vote to let me know if you find this
worth commiting.

Note: defaults.properties must go into the
/org/apache/tools/ant/selectors directory.

Cheers,
Magesh