ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] static analysis results
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2002 02:28:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <sbailliez@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 5:05 PM
Subject: [AUDIT] static analysis results

> This mail is an (unreadable) short text summary of the results of a static
> source code analysis tool ran on this project. It is sent as a 'proof of
concept'
> and see if there is any interest in these information. Alternatively it
can act
> as an automatic reviewer to enforce coding guidelines and can obviouslly
save
> some time to Jon Stevens and Ted Husted. ;-)
>
> For detailed information please look at the full report at:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~sbailliez/audit/jakarta-ant/

I like it; good to get that list of violations, though I think the
variable/method clash option should be turned off as a warning...it creates
too many false positives. The alternative is to use a different coding
style.

The metrics take longer to get my head around as a) I dont know what they
mean b) I havent used that process before. What are all the acronyms?