ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelper request
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 18:26:15 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>

> To me it seems like an ugly hack to get around limitations of ant1.x -
while
> it may be possible to implement this style funcitonality in Ant2 - I don't
> think it will be done this way or even readily supported by committers.

So even though you consider it a hack for Ant1.x would adding this
capability be rejected or allowed?  (I wasn't sure which version of Ant you
meant when you said it wouldn't be readily supported)

I don't personally consider it a 'hack' as it seems to add a lot of dynamic
capability, but only if the task itself is asking for it (by implementing
DynamicConfigurator).

This is one of the biggest peeves I have against JSP Taglibs.... all their
attributes must be defined in a TLD file.  It makes some sense in that
proper attributes are determined at page compilation time, but also
restricts the flexibility of taglibs IMO.

Will Ant2 allow dynamically defined attributes/elements?  If so, by what
mechanism?

Thanks,
    Erik