ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: propertyfile -> builtin task
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 00:00:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 11:55
Subject: Re: propertyfile -> builtin task

> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
> > How do you increment your build numbers?
> Using a home brewed buildnum task.

oh, well then, that's why you dont need it.

> > How do you get build date and time into the binary for display when
> > you browse to the status page?
> The status page?

our webapp has a status page with uptime (october 7!), memory use, requests,
failed requests, version numbers, that kind of thing, all in XML. the router
round robins to instances it is happy with, so you hit reload till you get
the version with the identity you want then check the details. Build date,
time and version is a key feature of the page

The other use we make of these properties is at install time. When
installing the war the existing file is copied to the archive, with a
timestamp of now but a build version extracted from the property file in the
war. So if the upgrade didnt work you can roll back to any previous version.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message