ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: ANSI Color Logger
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:10:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Brailsford" <brailsmt@yahoo.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: ANSI Color Logger

> Fair?  Who said anything about fair?  We're talking Microsoft, and we
> are simply employing their own competitive strategies against them...i
> :)

I had to get my submission into the anti-trust thing in last week. I wont go
into the details, where I did use the phrase 'does as much for competition
as the 1945 Yalta Summit did for democracy in Eastern Europe', but in the
section discussing middleware disclosure I stated that if the deal went
through I'd be filing for all the information needed to write a new
subsystem -a peer of the win32, brain dead posix and defunct OS/2 subsystems
on top of the NT kernel. And I will. If they provide it you could go a
complete Gnu on NT subsystem, or even a pure-Java subsys for NT, but at the
very least it will keep the MSDN documentation crew tied up for months.