ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ant logo voting
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 06:27:51 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: Ant logo voting

> From: "Christoph Wilhelms" <Christoph.Wilhelms@impress.com>
>
> > Ya right, but if a "build by" logo is tiny and cute I'd use it in our
> > projects in the "about section" and probably in the manual! Should be a
> good
> > comercial for both: the project and ANT :-)
>
> Except that if I encountered a Java project that had a "built by Ant" logo
> on it, I'd be thinking "well, of course - whats the alternative?!".  :)

Don't forget the  t-shirts; big ant logo on the back to give out to an
entire team as a motivation tool for when mgt. moves them on to ant. NTK
(ntk.net) does a good line in UK centric t-shirts with special awards for
anyone who wears them on a TV broadcast; we could do the same at java
conferences with beer as the award; the aim would be to get the majority of
presenters wearing them,

course, you need a witty slogan, which will have to follow the logo decision

'Ant: for when the engineers cant do it on their own'
Deadlines: made up by management, reached by Ants.
Ant: the only bug you want in your app.

...etc.

steve