ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant Regexp wrappers [Re: multiline mode and platform issues]
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:53:54 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: Ant Regexp wrappers [Re: multiline mode and platform issues]

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@imediation.com>
> wrote:
>
> > another thing.. I find the <regularexpression> type to be quite
> > long...what about <regex> or <regexp> ? :)
>
> Works for me - we may want to think about <replaceregexp> as well.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the last part of your sentence correctly.

Are you thinking about another datatype "replaceregexp" (what should it do?)
or are you talking about using a regexp in the replace task? Or am I
completly wrong?

I'm currently playing around with regular expressions and replace and have
currently have implemented (but not very well tested) something like

    <replace file="thefile" summary="true">
      <replaceRegexp pattern="&lt;!-- NB:LIBLOCS -->.*&lt;!--
NB:LIBLOCE -->"/>
      <replaceValue>replaced with something else</replaceValue>
    </replace>

Nico