ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Dawson" <tdawso...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Ant 1.9 & Task Packaging
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:54:21 GMT
> > And any antlib should include the jars it relies on
>
> No, this will lead to version mismatches all over the place.
>
> > - or at least fail with a clear error message stating where to get
> > the right jar
>
> Yep.

hmm.. good point. as long as they have the clear error message including the
jar it doesn't need to be required.

but that doesn't mean they can't include it it, e.g. weblogic.jar may
include tasks and a DD inside of it, then all you need to do is
  <antlib file="/bea/wlserver6.1/lib/weblogic.jar"/>
and you have their <wsgen> tasks, etc. (and they could stop including old
versions of ant in their jar!)

Tim