ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Environment problems
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:48:53 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: Environment problems

> I have xp pro; not .net server
> ver= Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
>
> but ant thinks this is a win2K box.

I guess you whould have the same problems if you try Ant with JDK 1.4 Beta x
(or the RC if you can get hands on it).

> Apache Ant version 1.5alpha compiled on January 11 2002
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Detected Java version: 1.3 in: C:\java\jdk130\jre
> Detected OS: Windows 2000
>
> Kevin.
>
> 1. file the bug on bugzilla
> 2. tell us what your env is
> 3. give us the opening lines of a verbose build and the output of ver.
4. Tell us if the suggested fix works for you so we can apply it.

In your case the problem is a little bit different. The line "Detected OS"
is directly taken from the Environment of the Java VM (the property
"os.name". So this on is a "bug" in the VM, but it's not so problematic
since Ant just needs to know if the Windows you are using is "a kind of NT"
or not.

The Problem with the ".NET Server" seems to be that Ant doesn't recognize
that it's kind of NT and tries to execute command.com which leeds to the
problem reported.

Nico