ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [METRICS] metrics analysis results
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:25:44 GMT
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:38, Peter Donald wrote:
>> One request though - could you possibly include a short description of
the
>> metric measurements used - some are obvious enough (FANOUT) but some I
have
>> no idea what stand for (NOA, NRM, NLM, DAC). Is this something that is

I just made up the description page from the manual. I have a different
layout at work where there are links on the metrics that popup a small
window with the metrics description. I will try to set this ASAP. For now
refer to:
http://cvs.apache.org/~sbailliez/metrics/jakarta-ant/metrics-reference.html

All these metrics are computed with a maximum aggregation mode
The upper limit as well as the aggregation mode need to be tuned with time.
For example I have a preference to set the LOC to total to see the evolution
of LOC, etc...

>> automativally done on a nightly basis or something (or could be made to
do
>> so?).

I can do it insite for Ant without problems but doing it for all Jakarta
projects is definitely not possible. Performing Audit is relatively fast but
metrics takes a huge amount of time (for Ant src/main it requires 40 minutes
on my home Celeron 450).
Sam kindly proposed me to host this at gump.covalent.net but there are
licensing issues that are in the pipe right now and I hope to have a
positive reply in the next days.

>A second request ;)

>Could you also run it against proposal/myrmidon/src/java &
>proposal/myrmidon/src/main aswell ;) And if you could also run the "insert
>braces in single line ifs" cleanup tool - that would be much appreciated to
;)

consider it done.

Stephane