ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:30:54 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>

> Theres a few more places where merge faults crept in and the "<<<"
appears.
> There is also some other odd stuff. ie It looks like
[...]
> Maybe it is best to rm -rf the whole tree and start from clean run?

I don't quite get how this can happen, this module is untouched but when the
automatic fixes are enabled (nothing to fix anymore anyway). Will see with
time, it should be easier to catch problems when the violations are way less
than what they are now.

Anyway, rm done.

> BTW this audit stuff is very kool. I have managed to find a whole bunch of
> code that I wrote that was ... somewhat icky ;) Thanks heaps for this.

Glad it helps.

> Also I was thinking it may be a nice idea to do a similar regular runs of
> some dependency analyzer. In particular I would like to know which
packages
> are using which other packages so that a cleaner API/framework can be
> created.

> I know JDepend does this and I can probably set this up as part of gump.
ie I
> would place the dependency report as a target in build file, ask Sam to do
> gump run of it and then put it on the web and cron it's update.

> Anywho you mentioned on the Turbine lists once (I think) that the same
stuff
> you are using for auditing can be used for dependency analysis. Would you
> prefer to use that and is it easy for you? Or would you prefer I wnet
ahead
> and put JDepend tasks in and so forth?

I cannot give you a package dependency analysis, I might be able to do a
custom rule for this but it won't fit into the reporting model, this would
better fit into the metrics...which cannot be customized in the version I
have.

It might be better to go with JDepend for now.

Stephane