ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on <copy> and timestamps
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 07:33:28 GMT
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> We dont actually test for this, not that I can see

We are not-testing a lot of things, unfortunately.

> Also, the datestamp check in sourceFileScanner adds some offset for
> FAT's 2 second accuracy for a warning, but the fromFile, toFile copy
> doesnt perform this check.

Right, we should move all those timestamp comparisons into a single
place so that we don't add more inconsistencies.  SourceFileScanner was
a first, but obviously incompletely handled, step.

> I'm writing some tests for verifying copying over datestamps (using
> tofile) works as expected. It does on my box, but it will be
> interesting to see if any failures show up on other systems.

passes on my RedHat 7.2 as well as my FreeBSD-STABLE boxes, but this
is expected as opposed to systems using a FAT file system, right?

Stefan