ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Fop
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:05:11 GMT
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <>

> I guess this is happenning because ANT is resolving the element to
> the task instance before finding and acting on the <taskdef/> from
> the user.

> Which escentially means that *everytime we add a new task to ANT* we
> are actually breaking backward compatibility.

Unless we do the right thing and fix the problem 8-)

> Actually a solution to this problem would be to change ProjectHelper
> to always defer instantiation (i.e., use UnknownElement) and wait
> until execution to resolve using any new definitions.

Absolutely - and all Ant2 proposals do that AFAIR.

Try to change ProjectHelper that way and then run the second example
in <script>'s documentation and you see what is going to happen then.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message