ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelper questions
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:31:41 GMT
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Adam Murdoch <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to split up building the element/attribute tree, and
> building the target/task tree into 2 separate stages.

I agree completely.  Another thing that doesn't really work right now,
that's what triggered thinking about it in the Ant1 context again, is
redefining existing task names with <taskdef> (we will create the task
and all child element instances using the existing task definition
instead of the user supplied one).

> What I'm unsure of is how much room we have to play in.

Not too much, I'd go so far to say that we can only fiddle with privat
and package privat areas and at least simulate the old behavior for
things that get exposed to public - this includes access to