ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: allowing nested path elements in a task (jspc)
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 07:31:11 GMT
A Path is not a FileSet 8-)

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Ken Horn <kenhorn1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a pointer in the docs for how to add support for this?

See the "developing with Ant section" in the manual, point 5.

> I thought maybe adding a createSrcDir() method would be enough
> (looking at the classpath stuff).

I assume that you want a nested element named <srcdir> that should be
a org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet, yes?  You have two choices:

    public org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet createSrcdir()

or

    public void addSrcdir(org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet fs)

actually, there also is a third option that will set all attributes on
the nested element before adding it to your container, but I'll leave
that out for now.

Stefan