ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs AntTest.java
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:35:37 GMT
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I am not removing any meaning from <param> I am just suggesting
> to add new attributes, which never existed before and hence cannot
> possibly affect people's 1.4 files.

<antcall>'s <param> is a Property task that will be run in the context
of the new project.  <property> *has* a refid attribute

>         <param name="y" refid="blah.id" /> <!-- reference -->

would call toString on the referenced FileSet and assign its value to
a user property named y in the new project.

> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
>
>> After thinking about it again, it seems that passing clones (with
>> the new project as a reference) would be the way to go
>
> No, no, no. That would break backward compatibility. There is no
> guarantee other peoples <datatypes> implement clonable
> appropriately.  :-)

I've seen the smiley, but hey, you are correct 8-) My implementation
tries to call clone now and copies the original object if clone fails.

Stefan