ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Available Task and Classpath
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:50:10 GMT
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Carsten Ziegeler <> wrote:

> I think, the build.sysclasspath property is not correctly
> implemented for the Available task - or it has the wrong name as not
> the system classpath is ignored but the user classpath.

Depends on what you call "system".  It can be used to ignore the
equivalent of the CLASSPATH environment variable, which is the
system's CLASSPATH, isn't it? 8-)

> So, what do you think? Is this a self-made problem, or exists there
> another solution?

It is part of a Sun made problem IMHO.  If you include JNDI for JDK
1.2, you may run into problems when you try to use the distribution on
a later JDK with a different version of these classes - all the JAXP
incompatibility problems Ant could come in a different area but for
the same reasons.

I think the only solution is to tell people that they'll also need the
JNDI classes when using JDK 1.2 or provide two different

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message