ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generic Element Containers (generalization of TaskContainer)
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:08:05 GMT
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Today the way we deal with this is to add new methods to <condition>
> every time we define a new <conditional> quite unmanageable when we
> keep on adding more and more conditions, almost unmannageable now
> that we may have two or three different containers, and really
> unmanageable if we ever provide pluggable user defined conditionals.

In the condition case, this isn't all as bad as you describe it as all
"containers" (five right at them moment as long as you don't count my
<if> task) extend from a common base class that handles it.

I think, it is commonly agreed, that we will need a typed registry for
these kind of things sooner or later.

Stefan