ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: To fail or not to fail
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:12:40 GMT
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Denis Hennessy <denis@network365.com> wrote:

> Some tasks like <junit> have explicit attributes that bypass this
> behaviour (so they return success for a task that, in fact, failed).

For the Ant2 timescale, we have agreed to have an "failonerror aspect"
that would take care of that.  Users will then have the ability to
decide on a task by task basis whether an error in that task should be
considered critical or can be dealt with.

each
> of which run tasks in a no-abort environment.

All things you describe have been proposed before - and have been
rejected by groups of committers of varying size (depends on the
feature at hand).  There will be implementation of these kinds of
tasks, but they will (probably) never be part of Ant's core.

Stefan