ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Generic Element Containers (generalization of TaskContainer)
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 06:57:38 GMT
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <>

> Well, I was asking for one sooner (in ANT 1.x).

> And by the way, in case it was not clear, the only problem I had
> with Peter original proposal (the one involving <role/> definitions)
> is that by having a dynamic DTD we will loose the avility to provide
> a DTD agains which the XML descriptor can be easily validated.

Ant's build files cannot be validated against a DTD either, at least
not really, so we wouldn't loose too much.  We could create a partial
DTD with defined roles for all the things that we support out of the
box, much like we do for build files with <antstructure>.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message