ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - FOP
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:24:58 GMT
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Keiron Liddle <keiron@aftexsw.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I have updated the build file to use the manifest under jar,
> works fine.

Great!

> Looking at the hostname I think that it is better left out, it may
> cause computers to attempt to connect to the internet when resolving
> the hostname.

As the original task would have done before.

I guess my response to your commit message hasn't made it to fop-dev
yet.  As Diane pointed out, you can get the hostname from the
environment (at least on Windows and Unix systems), see
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=100802855231701&w=2> for
example.

> I don't know much about xslt apart from - it works.

So you know more than me.

> What sort of things need to be done/added?
> Will it become a core task or optional?

There is a built-in Ant task named <style> that has been built-in for
a long time.  It performs XSLT transformations, so it seems to be in
the same area as <xslt>.  I haven't looked at the code of FOP's task,
but I assume that it must be doing something better than <style> does
and therefore I would love to see <style> improved.

Stefan