ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: removing deprecated stuff
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:45:01 GMT
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>
>> I talked about affecting all stuff that has been deprecated in Ant
>> 1.4 - which would be two releases ago when Ant 1.5 appears.
>
> I guess that depends on how you count releases.

True.

> I'd recommend a more gradual approach be taken initially.

Looking at even the latest Gump builds, there is no "good" release to
start with.  Stylebook will fail when we use 1.2 as our basis and I
even remember seeing some javadoc2 warnings (deprecated before 1.1 has
been released) somewhere.

So, no matter what we do (if we do something), it is going to cause
red and yellow lines in Gump.

Stefan