ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Immutability
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 06:33:30 GMT
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> The truth of the matter is that as the original vote below showed
> this issue has always been whishy-whashy in the minds of the
> committers, and they have change their minds over and over
> depending on the argument of the day.

I disagree here.  I haven't seen anybody of the original voters except
Peter support the immutability of properties.

> Not to say the least that people that appear to have voted for
> mutability helped on fixing inmutability.

I have reworked a testcase that used property mutability for no good
reason, yes.

> Maybe after 6 months, we should go back to that list and revise
> if the opinions haven't change over time.

If we really want to: +1 on keeping properties mutable by a core API,
like they've always been.  -1 on removing that functionality.

Stefan