ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - FOP
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:03:24 GMT
I'm currently not subscribed to fop-dev and responding to a post I've
picked up from the archives, sorry, please keep ant-dev in the CC.

Keiron Liddle <keiron@aftexsw.com> wrote:

> We can update the FOP build to use the core ant manifest task and a
> new ant.  This is no real problem.

I don't see Ant's next release before February, most probably even
later, so I'd rather recommend to use the <manifest> nested into <jar>
approach, which is going to work with Ant 1.4 and 1.4.1.

> The only thing that our task does that is different is a "BUILD-ID"
> it has "Date-Time (user@host [os])".

You should be able to emulate that using property expansion, something
like

<tstamp>
  <pattern property="ts" format="yyyyMMdd-HHmmss-z" />
</tstamp>
<jar ...>
  <manifest>
    <attribute name="Build-Id" value="${ts} (${user.name} ...)" />
  </manifest>
</jar>

you get the idea.  Hostname would be the only tricky part.

> How stable are these tasks and any other new tasks.

The manifest task itself is just a wrapper around the nested
<manifest> element of <jar>, which has been around for some time (and
even has JUnit testcases).

I think it is quite stable, but still hasn't been tested by that many
people.  I'm not aware of any other tasks - but we should talk about
adding the things that make your <xslt> task the preferred choice over
can benefit from it as well 8-)

Cheers

        Stefan