ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Ant-contrib-developers] Re: Fw: C/C++ task
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:43:28 GMT
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Curt Arnold wrote:

> There were three base implementations, one by Adam Murdoch
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=99292381001765&w=2), one by Mark
> Russell (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=99296305924721&w=2) and
> one by Dave Smith
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=100818244222418&w=2), and now we
> know of a fourth in Tomcat.   Each one of the messages has an attached zip
> files.

Thanks.

A quick feature compare with tomcat's version: we don't have XLC_R and
Sunworkshop compilers, and dependency checking is not parsing C files but
recompiles on any .h modification.

We do support netware compiler ( mwcc ), libtool, gcj ( including
some fancy things like properties - I'm talking about gcj as java->so
compiler ). That besides gcc, msvc which seems to be common in all.

Also tomcat's task doesn't generate exe, only libs ( we didn't had any
need for that so far ).

For the moment libtool compiler is the one we use ( and it is supposed
to support other unix compilers transparently, so Sunworkshop is suppsed
to work - but I haven't tried ).

Costin