ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: C/C++ task
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:53:35 GMT
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Dave Smith wrote:

> Well, I have a tarball of source code that could add a halfway decent (IMHO)
> C/C++ capability to Ant. It's not by any means a n end-all-be-all Task, but
> it gets the job done -- and it's ready now.

There is another C task in jakarta-tomcat-connectors, it's used to build
the native  code for tomcat. Suports libtool, msvc, netware, plain gcc.
Also supports gcj ( with few workarounds it can natively build ant,
tomcat, crimson - but not everything works very well ).

We're still testing it on the various platforms tomcat/apache is used, but
so far things seems to work pretty well.

One limitation is that it can't generate exe ( since all we need is
.so/dll/nlm files ). Dependencies are a bit 'rough' ( i.e. if any .h file
changes, everything is recompiled ).

Of course, it would be great to integrate/merge the tasks.

Costin