ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: removing deprecated stuff
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 07:17:35 GMT
Hmmm,

I can't help but feel we are going a little astray here. The whole idea,
IMHO, behind deprecating things is to ultimately remove them and simplify
the Ant codebase. Keep it simple, reduce maintenance overhead, etc.

By adding a whole lot of logic to decide whether a feature is deprecated and
allowed, etc, we just seem to be adding complexity we don't really need.

In my view we should either

1. not bother deprecating things since we will never remove them
2. deprecate things to encourage better usage but not remove them
3. deprecate things and remove after at least one release of being
deprecated.

All IMHO, of course

Conor