ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <Ste...@ignitesports.com>
Subject Looping in ant
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:17:41 GMT
I recognize that ant may not be the right place to do this, but I now
find myself in a situation where some sort of looping construct would be
very convenient

something like
<loop until="${condition}" >
... do tasks
   <sleep...>
</loop>

My use case for this is to run some test repeatedly at timed intervals.

I realize that the "until" part of this might raise some immutability
hackles, but I would even be able to live without that, just an
unconditional loop.

Is there a way to do this?  I don't see one.  I suspect someone might
have raised this before it was rejected.  If so, can someone give me a
brief update as to why it has been rejected?