ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject Cygwin, bash and OSTYPE
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 15:55:20 GMT
Hi All,

I recently upgraded my (cygwin) bash.  This caused bootstrap.sh to fail,
confused I checked everything twice, echo'd $OSTYPE to ensure it still
reported cygwin.  Eventually, I found the error... OSTYPE is not exported
under /bin/sh.  Changing the shell to bash fixes it.  Would it be a terrible
upset to folks to change this?

Thanks,

J.

PS I'm thinking that *lots* of projects will be caught out with this...

of this email.