ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Stirling" <scottstirl...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: invocation api
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:42:53 GMT
I totally agree.  I asked for this a long time ago when I began a Jakarta tag
library called "gnat" implementing several of the Ant tasks as JSP tags (a lot
of the tasks make perfect tags for doing build and file related tasks from a Web
app).  I would much rather have found that tasks were somewhat decoupled from
Ant or even invocable via an API.  But they are pretty tight with the Project
class, among other things.

The general response was that Myrmidon (IIRC), one of the Ant 2.0 proposals,
took some of these things into account.  Whichever proposal it was, it was Peter
Donald's.  He has advocated this for a long time (before I came along).

Scott Stirling
Framingham, MA