ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: Dependency analysis
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 06:20:01 GMT
From: Mark McMillan [mailto:mark.mcmillan@engineous.com]

> The problem (to me) is that ANT's target dependency
> processing (talking
> about "depends=" on targets here) is too simplistic.

> I then
> build more complex targets that combine some tasks with
> ANTCALLs to the simpler targets.

Without seeing specifics it sounds like you are over(ab)using
antcall.

Are you sure you need to be using <antcall> so much?
Targets are not functions :)

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may