ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: removing deprecated stuff
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 08:10:29 GMT

From: Jose Alberto Fernandez [mailto:j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com]

> > > something like:
> > >
> > >     public void deprecated(String message, String version) {
> >
> > I'd use some final integral type constants for Ant version
> instead of
> > performing string matches (so that you can calculated the value "two
> > releases before this one"), otherwise, I pretty much agree with the
> > idea.
> >

> What I guess we need to provide is that major releases (e.g.,
> 1.3 , 1.4)
> while bug fixes do not (e.g., 1.4 , 1.4.1 , 1.4.2 ).

All this should be centrally done.

Project.checkDeprecationTask( "javadoc2" , Some_Version ) ;
Project.checkDeprecationAttribute( "file" , Some_Version ) ;
Project.checkDeprecationElement( "zipfileset" , Some_Version ) ;

The project can throw a build exception with an appropriate message,
and all the logic of checking the current version against previous
versions is in one place.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may