ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Virtual FileSystem Layer
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2001 04:47:13 GMT
Hello,

Has anyone looked at jEdit's VFS (http://www.jedit.org)?  However, even if
it is technically good, it's under the GPL license--but maybe the author
could be persuaded to contribute/license the VFS functionality under the
ASF license?

Here are a few links to some of the VFS related functionality:
* Core I/O - support for file, filesystem roots, URL, favorite locations

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jedit/jEdit/org/gjt/sp/jedit/io/
* FTP plugin -
  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jedit/plugins/FTP/ftp/
* SQL plugin -
  http://plugins.jedit.org/plugins/SQL

BTW, jEdit supports Ant builds via the AntFarm plug-in.

-Bill