ant-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Emberson <ember...@phc.net>
Subject Jar Task includesfile bug or feature?
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2001 01:56:59 GMT

I do not know if this is a bug or a feature.

If one uses the Jar task with the "includesfile" attribute. In the file that is the value
of
the attribute
I simply list a bunch of class file names. I actually have another task that generates the
file.
Now if any of the class file names includes a "$", then the Jar task strips the "$" off and,
of
course, the resulting file does not exist, and the resulting jar file is short that class
file. The fix is
to add a second "$" to any class file name in the includesfile - that way only one "$" is
stripped off.

Is this the expected behavior?

Richard Emberson