ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Security Manager and System.exit
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:45:06 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@imediation.com>
> wrote:
>

>>It has been removed immediately because (from the comments) it did
>>not work with JDK 1.1.
>>

> I can't recall the details.  Conor?

Yes I put it in and took it out since it was not 1.1 compatabile. It can
be reintroduced by reflection I believe. It was a matter of time that I
did not already do that.

>>So is there any issue if we use a System manager for JDK 1.2+ (see
>>below) ?
>>

> We may not want to blindly replace an existing SecurityManager.  I
> believe NetBeans installs its own and it wouldn't be nice to disable
> it for example.

It is set up in Main which, IMHO, we should have complete control to
setup the environment including SecurityManagers. The integration point
for external tools is Project. At least this is the principle although
it is a bit rough around the edges :-)

Conor