ant-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Boving <>
Subject Re: Modern compiler not available
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:08:05 GMT

Actually, a co-worker went through the same issue (on a very similar w2k&soft
install), and found the solution: Remove ant-XX.jar from the Sun SDK.

Even though it is nowhere listed in my CLASSPATH (or in the java.class.path or
javac classpath), somehow $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/ant-XX.jar gets loaded before
the (real) ant.jar, and confuses everything. Renaming the file doesn't help,
you have to (re)move it out that directory

I can understand this can mix things up, but don't know the details. Also
think it's weird this problem does not occur more often (as i see it, any Sun
JDK + Ant user on W32 (or W2k at least) should have it). If anyone has the
exact explanation why my cure works, it'd be great...

thanks again for your help,