ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: removing deprecated stuff
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:06:16 GMT
<disappointed>

  This is why Ant 2 will probably never happen. Something
  as simple and straightforward as removing deprecated features
  has now been debated for weeks, and I see no end in sight...

  While open source has it's merits, a project ultimately needs
  a visionary, a chief architect, a top dog who takes all the
  input, makes a final decision, and moves on to the next issue
  so that progress can be made.

</disappointed>

I agree with number 3. When I started getting deprecation warnings
for my use of "rename", I was most pleased with the fact that
the warning not only told me that rename was deprecated, but it
also show what task and options to use to replace it. So I took
a few minutes to edit my build.xml, and moved on with my life.